Our Properties

The Old Police Station - 30 Penhallow Street

The Old Police Station - 30 Penhallow Street

Built in 1891, 30 Penhallow housed the Rockingham County Jail until 1950, when it became the property of the City of Portsmouth and functioned as its police station until 1991. “The Old Police Station” is the sole surviving example of...
80 State Street Apartments

80 State Street Apartments

Located at 80 State Street on the second and third floor are six newly renovated condos, two of which are available for rent. The condos are directly above the historic Rosa Restaurant the oldest restaurant in New Hampshire initially opening in 1927. The brick and...
111 State Street

111 State Street

Martingale - 99 Bow Street

Martingale - 99 Bow Street

Dramatically perched above the Piscataqua River, the seven-story, brick and granite Martingale Wharf offers some of the most compelling views to be found in the seacoast area: the frequently photographed tugboats just a stone’s throw away...
National Block - 40 Congress Street

National Block - 40 Congress Street

The National Block was built in 1878 by Frank Jones, a prominent Portsmouth merchant and business leader and one of the wealthiest people in America. The high-quality masonry brick and brownstone details of 40 Congress Street resulted in one of...
Hartford Block - 25 Chestnut Street

Hartford Block - 25 Chestnut Street

Purchased in 1996, 25 Chestnut underwent a complete interior renovation; a three-story brick addition was finished in 2000; and a new third floor is being added in 2011. This 31,000 square foot brick building at the intersection of Chestnut Street...
10 Pleasant Street

10 Pleasant Street

Located in the very heart of downtown Portsmouth next to the historic North Church, this site was originally occupied by a three-story wood-framed building which was destroyed by fire. The lot was purchased in 1997 and construction of the existing...
The Old New Hampshire National Bank - 3 Pleasant Street

The Old New Hampshire National Bank - 3 Pleasant Street

Originally constructed in 1794 as a one story public market, with a second floor built in 1800 as a town hall. The building burnt down in the 1802 fire and was rebuilt in 1804 with arched openings for 10 merchants’ stalls on the street level and continued as an auditorium for town and public meetings. In 1864 the City of Portsmouth remodeled the Brick Market as a City Hall and renamed the building to “Jefferson Hall”. An observer at the time thought the remodeled building looked like “a donkey with elephantine ears”. The building continued to be used as City Hall until 1910 when the City of Portsmouth sold the property to The New Hampshire National Bank of Portsmouth for $20,000. At the time of the sale the subject parcel was considered the most valuable piece of property in the City.
Brick Market - 60 Penhallow Street

Brick Market - 60 Penhallow Street

The surface parking lot located on the corner of Penhallow Street and Daniel Street is steeped in history with the original building constructed in 1740, known as the Clagett-Hart House. Years later during the Revolution, Noah Parker resided in the pretentious edifice and it was locally known as “Noah’s Ark” from which Ark Street (now Penhallow) got its name. Noah Parker was a blacksmith & whitesmith, and also became Portsmouth’s first universalist minister.